OpenACS Home : Community : OpenACS Sites
Add an OpenACS site
- The website for the famous environmental NGO runs on OpenACS.
the Design Experience
- online community programming, visual design, technology in education
Infogettable.net (archive.org version)
- A humanistic learning community website dealing with just about any type of knowledge. Offers a massive online world history school book, covering the entire past - prehistory included. There is also yoga exercises, essays, and what have you. Built with OpenACS 4.5. (Entry remains for historical reasons.)
Infogettable.net Backgammon (archive.org version)
- Free backgammon service with a drag'n'drop interface for making moves. Game history, player statistics, and community forums help users analyze games and improve their skills. Built with OpenACS 3.2.5. (Entry remains for historical reasons.)
Sumo Sushi (archive.org version)
- Website of a small Sushi delivery service in Berlin. You can order online, add comments to specific Sushis, rate them or add notes. Includes a collaborative order feature - to enable several people in an office to order as a team. (everything in german, OpenACS 3) (Entry remains for historical reasons.)
- Founded in partnership with the Stanford Center for Professional Development, SemiZone is an online learning resource providing the largest array of technical courses for the semiconductor industry.
- Web Developer & Consultant.
Website is a repository for my writings,
software, muses, and recommended readings.
- Electric Speed specializes in engineering
high-performance OpenACS-based sites running
on top of the Oracle or Postgres database.
- OACS-3 based MMORPG-ish strategy game. Over 27 million battles served as of 11-02.
Berkleemusic - Where Music Works
- An online learning center and career development portal for serious musicians, music educators and music industry professionals created by Berklee College of Music, the world's largest independent music college and premier institution for the study of contemporary music.
- Honda Enthusiast Website
Stop Abuse For Everyone
- Stop Abuse For Everyone is a non-profit that provides services that fill in the gaps in domestic violence services. We provide services for battered men, gay and lesbian victims, and deal with issues such as sibling violence and elder abuse.
- Gnosio - a place for your property's information
- Creative Commons provides a catalog of licenses for artists and content creators who wish to allow certain uses of their work.
UK Enneagram Association
- A community site for enneagram enthusiasts in the UK. Containing a full calendar of events and details of UK teachers.
Borkware Software and Consulting
- Borkware specializes in Mac OS X Consultation and Development.
- A community orchestra in Northern Virginia.
- A site dedicated to preserving the memory of Kristin K. Smith, a teenager who was killed in a car accident in December of 2000.
- Bioinformatics Source - Ph.D. Research on novel miRNA Identification using a bioinformatics approach. (Entry remains for historical reasons.)
Rubick.com Home Page
- Jade Rubick's personal web page.
- American and English antique furniture, specializing in antique vanities with sinks (OpenACS 4.6.2).
- A national, two-year effort to prepare specific recommendations that local, state, and federal policymakers and criminal justice and mental health professionals, can use to improve the criminal justice system's response to people with mental illness.
About Vinod Kurup
- My personal sandbox - filled with musings about OpenACS, medicine and life (currently not running OpenACS 2009-04-02).
- Informational site covering topics that include price comparison sites and UK broadband ISPs.
- Community site for people interested in the history of the surname Bluett.
Free Pascal community
- Runs OpenACS 5.1.5 to serve a bboard.
AIESEC.net (archive.org version)
- AIESEC's core platform, with over 100,000 users and 3000 odd communities, powers the organisation's activities across nearly 800 universities in 83+ countries worldwide. The system is powered by almost every feature offered by OpenACS/dotLRN, including modules like complex survey, categorisation, Jabber(IM) etc.,. Initially deployed on ACES, the site was migrated to OpenACS/dotLRN and further developed by Azri Solutions in 2003 under the project management of Tilmann Singer and Denis Roy. (No longer running OpenACS as of 12 December 2007. Entry remains for historical reasons.)
Agricultural Research Institute
- Using OpenACS 4.6.2 for ARINET implementation alongside with RedHat 8.0, AOL Web Server 3.3, PostgreSQL ORDBMS 7.2.3, .tcl, .adp
Refresh.dk (archive.org version)
- My personal web site -- running a few simple applications such a weblog and a photo album. (Entry remains for historical reasons.)
Learn About Linux
- This site was created so that people could share their experiences with their conversions to Linux and other Open Source Software. The main focus of the site concentrates on applications required to conduct business or home matters, but does extend beyond that.
American Stirling Company
- Cool engines that run on ice cream, a cup of hot coffee, or the heat of your hand.
Mark Aufflick's Web Space
- Mark Aufflick's weblog, photos and other goodies.
pumptheory.com Technology Consultants
- The company of Mark Aufflick - based in Sydney, Australia. Offering consulting and software development to Businesses, Non-profits and educational institutions.
Snozone Ski Booking System
- Snozone own a number of indoor ski slopes in the UK. The OpenACS was used as the foundation upon which Snozone's bookings system was built. Users can book their own recreational slope time and can also book lessons or sessions. The site also has a large back end area and also features point of sale functionality.
dotLRN case studies -
- 20 Universities and companies using dotLRN
Colorado Federal Savings Bank
- Colorado Federal Savings Bank is a direct lender of home mortgage loans, and it is offering them to individuals at low rates. As a federally chartered financial institution, it is authorized to to provide home mortgage loans in all 50 US states.
reboot.fm (archive.org version)
- Independent radio station in Berlin and a project to build a reuseable software distribution for free radios all over the world. The OpenACS component scheduler and public website is based on but heavily improved www.orange.or.at code. (Entry remains for historical reasons.)
- Radio Orange is a non-commercial, self organized radio station broadcasting in Vienna, Austria. The website features a complete scheduling solution that supports their sometimes complex broadcasting scheme such as programs that appear on air only every 3rd monday each month for example, subsites for each program with the possibility for individual contributors to modify their subsite's content, moderate their programs forum etc.
East Palo Alto Online Community Web Portal
- East Palo Alto's Online Community Web Portal.
- The WSIS-ONLINE.NET platform has been set up at the initiative of the Swiss Executive Secretariat (SES), to list the projects proposed in connection with the Plan of Action of the World Summit on the information Society. This platform provides a link between the 2003 Geneva Summit and the meeting in Tunis in 2005.
SLS international Intranet
- Project-ERP and translation workflow system of SLS international (http://www.sls-international.com), a translation agency specialized in translations into Spanish.
The site has been built using Project/Open (http://www.project-open.com).
- Project-ERP and intranet of Project/Open (http://projop.dnsalias.com/).
Project for Public Spaces
- PPS is a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating and sustaining public places that build communities.
UNESCO Audiovisual e-platform
- A multicultural, online catalogue for independent producers and broadcasters.
This online audiovisual platform aims at promoting the international distribution of television content from South to North and from South to South. While providing independent filmmakers and producers with an effective promotional and marketing tool, it offers a rich programme source to broadcasters, festival organizers and other interested institutions.
Birzeit University Main Website
- Main University Informative Site
Mantova civic network
- Mantova's civic network has been made with OpenACS 5.0 and PostgreSQL 7.4 and makes extensive use of css. Italian only.
Mantova's portal for local taxes
- The site allows a citizen to view and manage his fiscal position, submit new records and pay on line via credit card and telephone.
The site talks to the back-end dbms via a SOAP gateway.
- A german community website about communication solutions like voip, unified messaging and call-center systems
Cesareo García Rodicio
- It's my home page first, and too it's a site for educational purposes (my lectures) and information about me and my profesional services
Poste d'écoute (Listening Post)
- This site is a listening post that offers the best of Quebec's music (in French of course!).
- UK Polish Community On-Line
- One of the United States's largest art museums, Brooklyn Museum uses OpenACS for both its internal intranet and its public web site.
UCLA Health Sciences and Medical School
- Health Sciences at UCLA uses OpenACS to cover diverse institutional needs. A single research lab has created and supports a custom OpenACS based content management system, as well as multiple custom web applications used across each of the Health Sciences' federated sites (allowing them to share data, while retaining distinctive brands). Read more about some of their work in the UCLA Health Sciences case study on dotlrn.org: http://dotlrn.org/case-study/ucla-medical-school/
- Treffpunkt is a service provider with a full collection of tools for birth to grave project management and collaboration for geographically diverse teams of developers working with Open Source Software in a professional setting.
- dotFOLIO is an open source e-portfolio system for personal learning and development.
Art by Tracy Manning
- Catalogue site for the artist Tracy Manning.
- ybiz.net, the network for entrepreneurial minded people in Latin America and the Caribbean, offers you opportunities to improve your entrepreneurial skills, start and grow your business, follow web-seminars, contribute to entrepreneurial climate and connect to other entrepreneurs and businesses.
The platform is built for its users and by its users, so recommend a new course, add a new discussion, or tell us about new entrepreneurship initiatives. Registered members will have full access to all the tools of the portal.
- Photo sharing service
- Car Rental Riga.
- Virtual Courses and Communities, with 60,000 registered users (mostly teachers and students), for UNED: Distance Learning University of Spain http://www.uned.es
Envi Designer Concepts
- Home Decor company in Toronto, Canada using openacs 5.1 and ecommerce, events, etp etc for their company website enabled for ecommerce for the wholesale trade. Ecommerce has been customized to include a wishlist system....The site was built with design aesthetics in mind to reflect the trend consciousness of the company brand.
- IEEE University Student Branch Website
Campus Co-op Residences
- Customized OpenACS install for a non-profit housing co-op. Bug Tracker used as a Maintenance Request tool. Logger modified to file residence fines.
University of Valencia
- Valencia is using .LRN to support traditional classroom learning for nearly 40,000 students and 250 professors. .LRN manages the academic administration across the university, with applications supporting homework assignments, school events, and class notes. To augment the classroom experience, Valencia has also implemented .LRN's community features, such as bulletin boards, survey, groups, forums, bulk email, and integrated chat. Valencia has found that the .LRN features supporting affinity groups have helped the university meet goals to improve group learning and research.
- Ihr preiswerter Reiseanbieter für das Baltikum
U.C.A. - Universidade Corporativa da ABIPTI
- needs translation....sorry
A U.C.A. promove a educação tecnológica em seu conceito amplo e atua na formação e na educação continuada de seus associados, parceiros e clientes com ênfase na gestão da inovação tecnológica.
A missão da Universidade, criada em 2005, é contribuir para a modernização contínua dos processos de aprendizagem das entidades que constituem as partes interessadas da ABIPTI (associados, parceiros, fornecedores, órgãos e agências do sistema de CT&I, nos âmbitos político-normativo, estratégico e operacional).
A U.C.A. também buscará atender as demandas da sociedade de forma mais ampla, complementando eventuais lacunas do sistema formal de ensino que possam ser supridas pelas instituições associadas em aspectos aplicados da formação, particularmente no tocante à educação, ao ensino e à pesquisa, bem como ao desenvolvimento tecnológico e à inovação.
A U.C.A. pretende oferecer aos seus associados e clientes, por meio da utilização de ferramentas de aprendizagem organizacional e gestão do conhecimento:
A formação de grupos de alto desempenho em gestão tecnológica nos Estados, estruturando os sistemas locais de inovação;
A formação de Agentes de Inovação e Difusão Tecnológica de nível superior das instituições dos sistemas estaduais de CT&I;
A capacitação de profissionais dos sistemas locais de CT&I a promoverem atividades cooperativas, proporcionado maior conectividade inter-institucional.
Portal do Software Público Brasileiro
- Brazil's public software site.
- Hardware for mastery in service
- An introductory guide to the Wii console from Nintendo.
- bird feeders and bird houses painted in your favorite colors. Uses qf_* procs for dynamic form generation.
- IT Solutions and Consultancy