Forum .LRN Q&A: bulk enrolments

Collapse
Posted by Mark Aufflick on
Hi everyone - I want to be able to include information about what students are enrolled in what subjects as a part of the bulk-import step.

Has anyone done this or have any amazing ideas before I venture off into the database schema?

Collapse
2: Re: bulk enrolments (response to 1)
Posted by Joel Aufrecht on
Bulk import through acs-auth or through the form page in acs-admin?  The latter (/acs-admin/users/user-batch-add) does very simple CSV processing and looping, and should be easy to extend with new columns and new proc calls in the loop.
Collapse
3: Re: bulk enrolments (response to 1)
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
Hi Mark,

For dotLRN you can add a batch of students to a group after they are uploaded from here.
http://gwu2.aristoi.biz:7500/dotlrn/admin/users-bulk-upload

This is not really what you want if you have many students each with thier own unique class schedules.

I started working on a data transfer project where I need to transfer grades from past classes.  It uploads student_id, term_id, section_id, and grade..finds the class..adds the student to the class..then sets a grade rel.

The transcript functionality is very simple and far from finished but if it sounds usefull I can share the upload code with you and you can adapt it to your own data or use it as a model to expand user-bulk-upload to do what you need.