Forum OpenACS Q&A: Updated Documentation for OpenACS 3.2.4

Dear OpenACS'ers,

I just made a new release of the documentation. It has been updated to the best of my knowledge. Some of the improvements include:

• Switched to DocBook format (code snippets look nicer)
  • Tables of Contents are more thorough and navigation is much improved.
  • Corrected typos/bugs.
  • Added several pieces in the various docs.
  • The Getting Started Guide now has an Intranet section (contributed by Jade Rubick)
  • Added PDFs for easier reading and printing.
  • Fixed dead links.
  • Added an "Acknowledgements" section to each document, recognizing those that contributed for that document.

These changes are not visible at openacs.org yet. Give us some time to update the site. If you want the new docs and the PDFs, download the tarball through the SDM.

Thanks to all that contributed, posted bugs and reported features, and to the community as a whole. Feedback and contributions for our upcoming documentation releases is highly appreciated.

Roberto Mello

Collapse
Posted by Bob OConnor on

Excellent Documentation Roberto AND I Love PDF files because they print nice and they are much easier to take to bed than a laptop! 😊

To get the docs in the tarball quick go to:
https://openacs.org/sdm/one-package-release.tcl?release_id=19

-Bob

Collapse
Posted by Roberto Mello on
Thanks Bob. Your name is in the acknowledgements for the bugs/typos you posted at the SDM (and they are very appreciated).

I like PDFs as well and I wish I could have made ours better. For some reason my LyX didn't want to output PS last night, so I used HTMLDOC to generate the PDFs from the HTML output, which made them have the footer mangled in a few pages, but that's minor.

On the other hand HTMLDOC let me put a nice title page with a big OpenACS logo :)