Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: SQL-Modelling Costs and Invoices

Collapse
Posted by Torben Brosten on

Okay, Frank. If performance and supply chain is not an issue, you might want to review sql-ledger's invoice and related tables as well as perhaps the whole system. SL seems to be the accounting complement of your application as I understand it. Also, it uses postgresql (with perl), so you can actually run it with openacs on the same server. Your application could pull data directly from the operational tables.

"..there are already modules for timesheet, payroll, invoices and travel costs (from the old 3.4 intranet and other past work)."

Really? The only intranet module I am aware of has no docs, so I am ignorant of any applicability to these efforts. =(

Where might I find more info?

'we want to do "controlling", that means calculating profit and loss on a per-project or per-customer base'

How would this package differentiate itself from accounting packages that handle data entry and relevant reports with customer and project summaries?

hmm.. maybe I can answer my own question. Historical, statistical analysis. Still, wouldn't it be easier to just add it to the accounting system used then? or will there be a data import feature? I digress.

Hope this helps,

Torben