- "Should we have two chapters, one PG and one Oracle, or just provide both examples
embedded in the text?"
Embedding Oracle and Postgres syntax side by side like the installation instructions for them are in the installation docs would make it hard to read and very long. I see 2 worthwhile options:
- Linking Oracle syntax under the Postgres code (seems like the majority of the people here is using Postgres, so I'm thinking it would make more sense embedding the Oracle syntax and not vice versa).
- Adding sections for each supported RDBMS under "Data Models and the Object System". Perhaps a better numbering of the chapters would be in place. For example making the Postgres part section 4.2.1 and the Oracle part section 4.2.2 etc.
I guess it's a matter of preference, but personally I'd prefer to see the latter implemented.
- I've changed the variables and parameters to p_* and v_*.
- "As far as taking on the object system documentation - YES. I think folks would find
this tremendously useful. "
Ok. I'm taking on the object system documentation then. Apart from the need of adding more examples to the documentation, would you guys be so kind and give me a list of the improvements you'd like to see made to this part of the documentation?
- Again, can anyone provide me with explanations of the name_method and abstract_p parameters?