Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: The Crazy World of Payment Service Providers

Collapse
Posted by MaineBob OConnor on

Hi John,

We have been using www.securenetshop.com (SNS) for our shopping cart with our openacs 3.x sites for the past 2.5 years. SNS works with multiple creditcard vendors. We recently switched from iPayment Technologies to Cardservice International because Cardservice has a nice virtual terminal that also does automatic recurring billing that we use for our Monthly Membership charges. The switch was instant and the online application for Cardservice only took 2 days from the time I applied to the switchover that I initiated at SNS once CardService approved my app.

So on our site all we do is write <form... html code (not https://) and it directs to the secure SNS shopping cart and checkout... You can accept CCards, Paypal and checks, phone or fax orders... It costs ~ $80 for 3 months or $229 for a year for SNS. They are offering "Free" (no app fees) merchant accounts...

Another neat feature of SNS that I recently got working and really love is the "Silent Post" feature. IF the transction for payment is successful, SNS sends the form data back to my site as <form... post. (NO CC info). This lets me do instant activations and even instant downloads and emails to customers and order tracking tied to our users...

Last week we started selling our first EBook. To see all the steps for yourself short of buying the book, go to
www.greatestnetworker.com/buy/wealthabundancejoy/now/vt/

Note, the first page is the code I wrote, when you click to add to the shopping cart, that is the page provided by SNS...

Let me know if I can answer any questions.

-Bob