Forum OpenACS Development: Re: AOLserver 3.2 Doubts

Collapse
14: Re: AOLserver 3.2 Doubts (response to 1)
Posted by Andrew Piskorski on
One final note: Divya, my feelings certainly were not hurt, and I doubt anyone else's feelings here were hurt either.

(Yes, I and some of my friends did use your posts as a source of entertainment and the butt of jokes, but we kept that entirely private, and you'd never have known at all except that I'm mentioning it now. So that's irrelevent.)

Most importantly, what I told you in my previous post is in fact the best possible answer I know how to give you. Honestly, it's the best advice I know. There are many newbies here who ask questions and get answers, it's not a problem, we're used to it. But you're not up to their level yet. Perhaps you can be, but not without thought and effort on your part first.

If you want an example of someone to emulate, see some of Tammy M's posts; here's just one of many good ones. She's an excellent example of a relative OpenACS newbie who seems to have quickly come up to speed in a few months, and who asks good questions and posts good helpful information.

Oh, I don't know that it will be of any actual help, but this article is also very good, and quite interesting: Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments