Created by OpenACS community, last modified by Dafydd Crosby 20 Jun 2012, at 12:56 AM
Lease a hosted system with OpenACS installed on it.Companies that host OpenACS websites
Use one of these automated installers:
- [OpenACS/dotLRN Windows Installer Installation Instructions]
- Knoppix E-lane demos dotLRN
- [Installing OpenACS on Debian/Ubuntu]
- Installing OpenACS on FreeBSD (ports)
- dotLRN for debian (beta) see: http://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=449903
- VMware version for Windows 2000
Debian / Redhat installation scripts
The following scripts ensure a quick install of OpenACS on a Debian based system. They also work on RedHat based ones, if you know that "apt-get" needs to be replaced by "yum". Follow them in the same order as written here:
- Install PostgreSQL: http://cognovis.de/developer/en/pg82
- Install AOLserver: http://cognovis.de/developer/en/aolserver_install
- Install OpenACS / dotLRN: http://cognovis.de/developer/en/openacs_setup
If you have an questions, contact maltes on IRC.
You can also check en:openacs-system-install-debian.