Resources to get help
Before we get started with the curriculum, you should be aware of what resources you have to get help as you’re learning OpenACS.
- The OpenACS documentation is excellent. So the first place to look is in the official documentation: http://openacs.org/doc
- Each installation of OpenACS has an API reference, located at yoursite.com/api-doc. Documentation for packages is also linked in from yoursite.com/doc. Some of the documentation you may need to know, like templating, is under this link.
- Google or other search engines are very useful. Try typing in error code messages in to Google.
- The OpenACS forums are invaluable. You should subscribe to the forums that seem relevant to you.
- The OpenACS FAQs answer many questions you may have.
- Some OpenACS developers have information about OpenACS on their websites, or have blogs related to OpenACS.
- The #openacs IRC channel is active, and a good place to ask questions.
- CVS browser of OpenACS code and package code.