OpenACS. The Toolkit for Online Communities
This release contains many security and performance improvements as well as new functionality. The new release differs from OpenACS 5.8.1 in the following points:
- PostgreSQL enhancements and cleanups to improve performance and maintainability of the basic data model
- Greatly improved HTML validity and protection against XSS attacks.
- Improved theming support to create responsive interfaces.
- Various new functionalities to ease debugging and to improve performance.
Altogether, OpenACS 5.9.0 differs from OpenACS 5.8.1 in more than 100,000 modifications contributed by 4 committers. All packages of the release were tested with PostgreSQL 9.4.* and Tcl 8.5.*.
Many thanks to all who helped in this effort via direct contributions, bug-reports or testing!
The new release differs from OpenACS 5.8.1 in the following points:
- Compatibility of OpenACS core and 78 application packages
with PostgreSQL 9.1+:
The new version installs without any need for special parameter settings in all recent PostgreSQL versions.
- Major cleanup: removal of calls to deprecated code, using recent Tcl byte compiled instructions rather than legacy constructs, following more closer to Postgres recommendations.
- Functional improvements in core and application packages
- Various performance and scalability improvements
- Various bug fixes
- The packages can be installed online from the OpenACS repository. The list of network-installable packages contains also DotLRN (for the full list of packages, see the full announcement).
- Altogether, OpenACS 5.8.1 differs from OpenACS 5.7.1 in about 100,000 modifications (6145 commits) contributed by 5 committers.
Gustaf Neumann, 2 days ago
bikitha lee, 3 days ago
Gustaf Neumann, 1 week ago
Antonio Pisano, 2 weeks ago
Klaus Hofeditz, 2 weeks ago