Forum .LRN Q&A: beginner

Collapse
Posted by chong shi yuan on
i am a beginner and i plan to develop a new search engine for educational purpose, so i would like to know what is the basic tool/software(eg. AOLserver...) i need to install from openacs to achieve my mission.
  thank you
Collapse
2: Re: beginner (response to 1)
Posted by Tayron Portillo on
hello, i'm part of the first virtual campus in nicaragua, that's central america, we're also beginners using openacs technologies and dotlrn, we've seen the demo that callaboraid has in ther webpage and we already saw all the documentation shown in www.dotlrn.org but it's still dificult for us to find a spanish version of dotlrn.

does it exist? let us know if it does.....

thanks

Collapse
3: Re: beginner (response to 1)
Posted by xx xx on
The spanish translation is available (http://translate.dotlrn.collaboraid.net).
However, making different languages available in dotLRN/openACS is still in progress. Unless you are very savvy and you know how to work from the HEAD, you'ld better wait until the first release with these features is announced. Stay tuned, it is worth it. BTW, it is no waste of time to start experimenting with the english version first.
Collapse
4: Problems testing dotlrn (response to 3)
Posted by Tayron Portillo on
I follow all the procedures shown in the openacs webpage info and when I´m trying to start dotlrn using
"/usr/local/aolserver/bin/nsd-postgres -t /web/service0/etc/config.tcl"
the system shows the following error
"warning:modload: failed to load usr/local/aolserver/bin/nsxml.so: undefined symbol :xmlNodeSetContent "

If this happended to somebody I will appreciate some help from you, i believe that my aolserver is broken down but i am not sure about it.

Let me know if you have some info.....

thanks