Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Screen name / real name parameter

Collapse
Posted by Roberto Mello on
Til,

I have Ben's patches, that were originally made for oacs-4-6. I have been adapting them to HEAD but with the entire reorganization of the registration process, and move to /lib, plus external authentication, I have not finished it yet.

The fact that I'm in the middle of my midterms did not help either, but I should commit everything this weekend.

Did I accidentally commit a user_display:: proc? I didn't mean to.

-Roberto

Collapse
Posted by Tilmann Singer on
<blockquote> Did I accidentally commit a user_display:: proc? I didn't mean to.
</blockquote>

No you didn't. I only found a few occurences of reading the ScreenName parameter in acs-subsite, that's it.

Collapse
Posted by Tilmann Singer on
Isn't the whole point of the user_display::get_name that it gets used _everywhere_ instead of displaying the column values directly, which means it needs a lot of replacing in all existing packages, including some kind of audit to make sure there is no place left where the privacy rules are not obeyed?

Do the patches you are planning to commit contain such changes to packages or are they just the api?

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
using user_display::get_name would also allow us to use the name display for countries where they read from right to left ($last_name $first_names).