Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: what is LRN

Collapse
3: Re: what is LRN (response to 1)
Posted by Paul Owen on
hmm, i got some problem with installing dotLRN. I have copied all the relevant packages:

bm-portlet
calendar-portlet
dotlrn
dotlrn-bm
dotlrn-calendar
dotlrn-dotlrn
...etc

into my packages folder of openacs, and used Package Manager to install them, however got error when installing:

Request Error

psql:faq-portlet-create.sql:101: WARNING:  plpgsql: ERROR during compile of inline_0 near line 2
psql:faq-portlet-create.sql:101: ERROR:  Invalid type name 'portal_datasources.datasource_id%TYPE'
psql:faq-portlet-create.sql:174: ERROR:  Binding of portal_datasource to faq_portlet failed.
psql:faq-admin-portlet-create.sql:99: WARNING:  plpgsql: ERROR during compile of inline_0 near line 2
psql:faq-admin-portlet-create.sql:99: ERROR:  Invalid type name 'portal_datasources.datasource_id%TYPE'
psql:faq-admin-portlet-create.sql:171: ERROR:  Binding of portal_datasource to faq_admin_portlet failed.

invoked from within
"db_source_sql_file -callback $callback $path/$file_path"
    (procedure "apm_package_install_data_model" line 32)
    invoked from within
"apm_package_install_data_model -callback $callback -data_model_files $data_model_files $spec_file_path"
    (procedure "apm_package_install" line 103)
......etc.

does the error come up because of dependencies of packages? which mean i cant install all packages at once but in a specific order???

I have read the dorLRN Installation documentation, However, they only provide method to install dotLRN with openACS, but I already got openACS working and don't want to reinstall it. any help would be appriecated

Thanks
Paul