Forum OpenACS Development: how to contribute package

Collapse
Posted by Peter Alberer on

hi there,

i have created a prototype for an "acknowledgements" package that allows admins to require users of a site to accept terms of use. the first thread with ideas for it was here.

the package currently offers the following features:

• create "global" terms of use that have to be signed by all users vs. non-global terms, where acceptance can be checked via tcl-api. a small addition to the authorization procedure is necessary to lock users out that did not accept terms of use. therefor persistent logins should be disabled. otherwise already logged in users can not so easily be forced to accept terms of use, afaik.
  • three modes can be used to have users accept terms of use: mark a checkbox, enter a phrase, enter their password
  • terms of use can have a due-date so that existing users have time to accept the terms, before accounts are locked
  • terms of use can be assigned to a certain group
  • german/english UI

currently only postgres is supported (i do not have access to an oracle db). i would like to contribute that package if the community is interested, but i do not know the process for contributions of packages (did have a look at the contribution guide). is there an upload available on the site for such things?

Collapse
Posted by Lars Pind on
Peter,

Please contact me via IRC or IM (see http://www.collaboraid.biz/about/contact), and I'll set you up with an account on openacs.org with commit rights to the relevant spot in /contrib in OpenACS CVS tree.

/Lars

Collapse
Posted by Peter Alberer on
ok, the files have been added to the repository. hopefully someone gives it a try. if there are problems with the package please let me know, i will be glad to help.