I guess you will have to decide for yourself which one to use. Here is what I can share about minus and plus of CR.
- the documentation is not that good. But today unlike 2 years ago there are some apps already to study and see how they use the CR. You can start on file storage, bug tracker (i think) and CMS. I have a ongoing & unfinished package on contrib (bcms*).
- If you will be developing something near CR like features then might as well help us improve it. Or just use the CR in some other way maybe some weaknesses or bugs may come out.
- portability I believe it not good. There are exports and imports but I think they do not run. I have never used them. Although it is encourage that you can contribute this weakness of CR. This should be a little easy if the structure of your content is file system like (e.g. folders and files).
- search is also poor. But its more of a OACS problem rather than CR. But CR is a little easier since some of the service contract are already implemented. So its like poor but better... weird :)
- permission scalability. Its not really CR but more of the general permission. So an improvement of permission should directly improve CR permission scalability.
- on the start its a bit hard to learn CR but once you are used to it. Things are a little better. Pretty much like what is OACS. On the start is a bit difficult, once you get used to it. Its ok.
I hope this helps you in your decision making.
The above are just my opinion it may not be 100% fact. I would like to avoid to have a useless discussion about I like CR and I don't like CR.