Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Top Ten Priorities for OpenACS ... what are yours?

first, let me say that i think the oacs community has done a great job so far and is very easy and helpful to work with.  i don't want to give the impression i'm bitching or criticizing and expecting everyone to do my work for me.  i agree -- if someone has the time and inclination to make requests, they should be willing to support making them happen.

it seems that oacs veterans have a big burden when recruiting new contributors in communicating the why's and how's and peculiarities of the system.

my points one and two would go a long way towards handing things over and sharing the load.  people new to the oacs are at a disadvantage by not knowing the backstory (why are there three different versions of ticket tracker?  are we supposed to use the one that doesn't break?  which one does everyone else use?  if i want to develop something with it, which content management system am i supposed to use?  do i use ad_form even though half the code in other packages don't?  why don't they?  just examples...)

point three -- would i volunteer to maintain packages?  you bet.  considering i'm an oacs beginner right now, would that be a good idea?  probably not.  but i can sure offer moral support!... and let you know the point of view of new users.