Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Which version of xotcl-soap (xosoap) should I use?

Collapse
Posted by Justis Peters on
Tom and Stefan,

Thanks for the offer to give an opinion based on our actual WSDLs. I'm pretty excited about getting opinions from people who have first hand experience with the complexities of implementing SOAP clients against existing WSDLs. We're trying our best to pick a tool that will work for most of our needs. Once you consider that we may need to upgrade OpenACS versions in order to get XoTCL, it becomes a pretty large decision. We have a decent amount of code which differs from the core, so upgrading is not trivial. Even if it involves upgrading, though, I'd like to go with the right tool. Opportunities to integrate applications via SOAP seem to be around every corner. I'd like to capitalize on as many as possible and having the right tool is key.

There are 3 tools where we currently want to consume their web services from within OpenACS: JasperServer, Corticon, and Intalio. I have example WSDLs from all 3, but pasting them in here would make this a very long thread. I'm new to the forums and don't exactly know the accepted etiquette here. Is there a way to post these as attachments? Should I email them to each of you? Should I just post them?

Thanks in advance for the help. I sincerely appreciate the offers.

Kind regards,
Justis

Collapse
Posted by Tom Jackson on
I would email them to both of us, if Stefan wants them that way.

If they are public documents, you could also just give the url here. Also, if they are public, I can post them in my website documents area so others can get them, and even test against them (they'll be served as xml).

Your choice either way.

Collapse
Posted by Justis Peters on
Tom,

I emailed them to both of you. Thanks again for the help.

Kind regards,
Justis