Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Loading the data model incorrectly

Collapse
Posted by Roberto Mello on

I've had these erros before when I started using ACS/pg, here's a quick recipe:

• Destroy the db and recreated it. Remember to be logged in as the AOLserver user when doing this. (destroydb yourdb and createdb yourdb)
  • Go to the www/doc/sql directory, edit the postgres.sql to point to your pgsql libraries (it comes set up for the compiled version of postgres). If you don't have this, the datamodel will die.
  • Edit the file load-data-model.sql and uncomment the line "--i postgres65.sql" if you have it. It should not be commented, but some people may have downloaded ACS/pg like this. To uncomment, remove the "--" in front of the line.
  • Make sure the user your loading the datamodel as is a postgres superuser (otherwise it won't have authority to create some stuff needed for ACS/pg.
  • Reload the data model. I usually do a "psql -f load-data-model.sql mydb 2> datamodel.txt" , the "2> datamodel.txt" dumps the output to a file that can I edit and see if the datamodel was loaded right, or if I missed some step. I will add this to the documentation.
  • If you are using AOLserver 3bx, MAKE SURE you downloaded and compiled the enhanced driver available at acspg.benadida.com. You need the postgresql-devel package and gcc, glibc, glibc-devel to compile it.

Let us know how it goes.

Roberto Mello