Forum OpenACS Q&A: State of Ecommerce module?

Collapse
Posted by Connie Hentosh on
What is the state of the ecommerce module?  I haven't tried
installing it yet... but I noticed in the latest release the LEFT-TO-
DO.txt file in the sql subdir said finish all ecommerce stuff.

What needs to be done?

Collapse
Posted by Ben Adida on
actually, the main parts of ecommerce are done. The customer service part of it isn't done yet.
and how is now the ecommerce module?? I've tried it, but it is not available from the administrators main page, then I tried /ecommerce and it work but when I put a product it says something like: ns_mkdir /web/server2/data/ecommerce/products/01 is not such file or a directory... what it could be?? in my box the owner of the web directory is the nsadmin...
Collapse
Posted by Roberto Mello on
If you are using Beta 3, you need to create the /web/server2/data,  /web/server2/data/ecommerce and /web/server2/data/ecommerce/product subdirectories. They were missing in Beta 3 but are in place for OpenACS final release, due next week.

If you are using the download module, you need to create the /web/server2/download directory as well. (this has been fixed for the final release)

Collapse
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
Thanx Roberto, it works nice now!  by the way, why there is not a directly link to the ecommerce module from the admin page?
Collapse
Posted by Roberto Mello on
Great ! I wonder why there's not a link from the admin pages myself. I'll check the aD sources to see if they forgot to include or if there's some reasoning behind it.
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
The link is missing from the aD sources, as well (I've run into this before).  No idea why...