Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Usability testing module

Collapse
Posted by Michael Feldstein on
I'm glad you like the idea. I'll bet we could interest Jakob Nielsen himself in usability testing our usability testing module. That would be fantastic PR for us.

In terms of moving ahead with this, I don't think that we (meaning the Knowledge Garden folks) are at the point where we have the skill to code it ourselves yet. We're still learning our way around ACS/OpenACS. What I can do now is write a more detailed functional spec proposal, possibly even including some interface mock-ups.

It sounds more and more like OpenACS will be able to do a lot more in terms of growing new modules once ACS 4.0 is out (http://www.arsdigita.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=0003ML&topic_id=175&topic=ACS%20Development). If aD really commits to making ACS modular, then we can add much more value to ACS Classic (in addition, of course, to the primary goal of making OpenACS better) by cranking out lots of interesting and useful new components. Perhaps we could generate a few module specs we're interested in tackling as a group as ammunition for encouraging aD to make it as easy as possible for us to do this?