Forum OpenACS Q&A: load-data-model error

Collapse
Posted by Terry G. Lorber 2nd on
I've got one error in my datamodel.txt file:

psql:education.sql:1594: ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "eval"

Also, in starting the acceptance test...I don't have a user_tables table.

Thanks.

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
1. I've just updated my copy of education, and got no errors.  I've not upgraded my copy of PostgreSQL in a few weeks, can someone else out there with the release version of PG 7.0 verify whether or not this is really a bug?

2. user_tables is referenced in the schema_browser, which hasn't been ported over.  I assume that's an Oracle table used to store information about user tables.  We do want to port this module over...

Have you run into another reference to this table?

Collapse
Posted by Roberto Mello on
I loaded OpenACS fresh from start a couple days ago and it worked fine. I just grepped the output from load-data-model and there are no errors. How old is your release ? Check for differences with the CVS version of education.sql

OpenACS finals is due next week, so you can either fetch the CVS tree or wait till next week.

Collapse
Posted by Luke Mitchell on
Hi

I got exactly the same error as Terry.
Using Redhat 6.2, AOLserver 3 final, PG 7.0.2, openacs 3.2.2b3 and the latest (downloaded today) pg driver.

Before this I had problems loading the datamodel because the language setting in "postgres.sql" was a lower case 'c', while PG or the driver (not sure which) was expecting 'C'. This is just FYI

Also nuke user failed with "Database operation "dml" failed"

Cheers

Collapse
Check your load-data-model.sql and make sure you are loading postgres.sql. nMake sure your postgres.sql has the libraries pointing to their right location on your HD.

I've loaded fresh OpenACS installs many times sine June 1 and had no problems with the education module.

On the nuke problem, tell your AOLserver (on your DB pools) "ns_param logsqlerrors on", restart it, try to nuke again and post the SQL error here so we can have a better clue. AFAIK it's working but we may have missed something.

OpenACS final is coming... somethings delayed us, but final release should come next week.

Collapse
Posted by Marshall Trammell,III on
eval problem in my datamodel.txt too there is an sql statement where a table is aliased as eval is that ok also for me: [ad_parameter GroupsDirectory ug] returns nothing my user group types table has all virtual_directories allowed as false. Error:/tcl/user_group_defs.tcl:function ug_serve_group_pages:first element in url list is not [ad_parameter GroupsDirectory ug] so when I try to log in at say http://mydomain.com i get a crash see my "fails to register" post for more errors on startup anybody have an idea?
Collapse
It seems like it's a beta 3 error or something. I am not getting it because I am loading the latest-and-greatest OpenACS from the CVS.

You can fetch the latest OpenACS from the Sourceforge CVS server with:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.acs-pg.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/acs-pg login

(Assuming you have CVS installed on your machine). You may need to do a "export CVS_RSH=ssh"

Collapse
Posted by Luke Mitchell on
I finally got around to downloading openacs from the cvs.
Which seems to have fixed the errors I was having before (loading datamodel and nuke user).

Thanks

Luke Mitchell

Collapse
Posted by Terry G. Lorber 2nd on
Same error occurs. I downloaded another psg driver and acs directory from this site.

I also tried the CVS from sourceforge...maybe I need to read the manpages on that one. I didn't have the postgres.sql file.