Forum OpenACS Q&A: 5.0 cant mount services anymore?

Collapse
Posted by Jon Griffin on
Did someone decide that services can't be mounted anymore? Or did I miss something, i.e. OpenFTS has admin pages as does acs-reference.
Collapse
Posted by Gilbert Price on
Hello Jon,

Just hit the Admin button and select the Site-Map under Advanced Features. Once on the ols site map, do the old Add Folder from the top of the tree, once you create the folder you'll get the [mount] button that let's you mount openfts driver and others...

You can't use the automount stuff at the bottom of the tree to mount a service...

Hope this helps...

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Specifically for OpenFTS remember you have to "mount" it not "new application".

I think the new procedure is to automount services like that to a common location, but apparently openfts-driver doesn't have the callbacks.

Collapse
Posted by Jon Griffin on
Thanks, but I knew all that, the problem is that OpenFTS doesn't show up even though it is already loaded. This also goes for acs-reference.

I believe this is a major problem but I can't troubleshoot it today. Someone changed the UI and took out some functionality from waht I can see.

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
I don't think the functionality's gone, you just have to get to the right place.  The new, simple UI won't let you do it.

The service/application split's simplistic, as we've discussed before.  We really need three categories - true service packages that aren't meant to be mounted, mount-once packages that provide a service + UI for other packages (general comments), and general application packages meant to be mountable under a variety of subsites.

The second category should always automount under the main subsite IMO ... the right thing to do, probably, is to add the auto-mount callbacks.