Forum .LRN Q&A: dotLrn Release Manager Update

Collapse
Posted by Tracy Adams on
Hi Everyone,

Some people have been aiming me so I thought I'd post some information about my transition to .LRN release manager.

1. .LRN weekly chats are Thursday Eastern at 3.  Please bring topics, etc.

2. It is going to take a week or so to get up to speed and into action. I'm in Guatemala right now helping Galileo set up their migration process from an ACES-based system to dotlrn.  Since I'm already down here, I'm trying to take advantage of that time with them.

3. There are 2 parts to release management.  One is the more project management part - which bugs need to get fixed, who is working on what, what is the status of the release.  The other is technical - managing the CVS, cutting the releases, etc.  I need to discuss this more with Al, but I believe my role will be in the project management part.  I'll have a partner to do the technical components.

4. eLane meeting was very exciting and successfull.  There will be more information coming shortly.  We've worked out a methodology on how to work with eLane and also include the dotlrn community and we also have a breakdown of which partner is doing what.  This first needs to be reviewed by the eLane partners so they can absorb it and agree and then I'll be posting to the community.  So watch for that soon (a week or so). The website is at http://www.e-lane.org.

5. The major activities that I know about (I'm sure there are more, so please send them to me, I'd like to keep a running list) that are happenning with dotLrn are:
-- Heidelburg is launching very soon (Carl overseeing this)
-- Sloan is working on upgrade (see list of bugs Dee identified as needing below)
-- Galileo working on upgrading from ACES to .LRN 2.0 and moving from Oracle to PostGres (Rocael)
-- e-Lane working on project plan/specifications

6. Here are the bug numbers mentioned in #5. Andrew Grumet is starting on these, though we definitely need others to help! (Coordinate with Andrew Grumet mailto:aegrumet@mit.edu if you'd like to pick up any of these).

<blockquote>Tickets:
</blockquote>

7) I'm sure I'm missing things that are going on.  Please let me know so I can ramp up.)