Forum OpenACS Q&A: a few questions on bug tracker, openacs 5.01, and what has been fixed for each package?

Hi all,

I have a few questions regarding bug tracker and openacs 5.01.  Right now, I am using openacs 4.6.3 and want to know specifically what all has been fixed in 5.01 for the individual packages: bug tracker in particular. I'm sure it's probably on this site somewhere, but I haven't found it yet. So if someone can direct me to a link on that, that'll probably answer some of my questions below for me.

Anyways here is my questions and I appologize if these have already been asked:

1. The Assigned To and To Be Verified by links I see in the bug tracker on line here, I assume that functionality is now available in openacs 5.01 is that correct?

2. Just to make sure before the upgrade to openacs 5.01, does postgres 7.4.1 function properly or should I use postgres 7.3.5 instead? Which version is recommended to use in other words?

3. Is it recommended to upgrade to aol server 4.0?  Right now, my system is using aol server 3.3.

4. This is the main concern question. My site is using multiple instances of bug tracker on it right now.  The reason is I'm using a bug tracker for different programs and I want the data kept separate. Program A has it's own set of bugs, Program B has it's own set of bugs. The problem is the email notification that is sent doesn't tell me specifically which bug tracker program it is for.  I want to add to the email sent the program name in the subject of the email.  Is that something that was fixed in version 5.01 or can some one give me some advice on how to add that functionality to version 5.01?

Thanks in advance

Jason Black
LimaCorp, LLC

"2. Just to make sure before the upgrade to openacs 5.01, does postgres 7.4.1 function properly or should I use postgres 7.3.5 instead? Which version is recommended to use in other words?"  Errors have been reported with 7.4.1; 7.3.5 is the safe bet.

"3. Is it recommended to upgrade to aol server 4.0?  Right now, my system is using aol server 3.3." Both work fine with 5.0.

https://openacs.org/doc/openacs-HEAD/individual-programs.html#compatibility-matrix

"[I] want to know specifically what all has been fixed in 5.01 for the individual packages: bug tracker in particular."  Note that 5.0.1 is the version of OpenACS Core; the individual packages all have their own release numbers.  Think of OpenACS as the kernel - you can run linux kernel 2.6 but Mozilla, which works with kernel 2.6, is version 1.7.  Perhaps we should adopt terms that keep this clear, such as always calling OpenACS releases "OpenACS Core" releases or something.

The latest version of bugtracker that is compatible with 5.0 is bug-tracker 1.3d3 (from https://openacs.org/repository/5-0/)

Thanks Joel for helping answer questions 2 and 3.  Those page links really helped.  It also made me realize that some of the packages I'm using are out of date. Is there a link that can point out to me the fixes from version 1.2d10 of Bugtracker to the current 1.3d3 and for Notifications 4.6.2 to the current 5.0.0b4? I checked the documentation link, but all I saw was it referring to the process behind each package, not the updates per version.

Jason Black
LimaCorp, LLC