Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: New .LRN Web Site

Collapse
4: Re: New .LRN Web Site (response to 3)
Posted by Jeff Davis on
ala says:
Free source
A List Apart gives away CSS styles, JavaScript, PHP and Perl scripts, XHTML markup techniques, and other bits of Source Code for the use of its readers. You may freely copy, paste, and modify any of this code for use on your own web projects large or small, commercial or non-commercial. You need not ask permission to do so. You need not credit ALA or its authors. It is our gift to you.
Collapse
17: Re: New .LRN Web Site (response to 4)
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
(closing open blockquotes from post above)

It is really cool to have dotlrn running on .LRN 😊

Thanks for the feedback, have been fixing one thing at a time ( I think David and I fixed the IE 6.0 problem a little while ago) and preparing for the .LRN meeting coming up in Heidelberg.

The reason there is a weblog link "cluttering" the navbar is because I want to have a .LRN group weblog running on the site. It will not be empty for long. The "news" weblog will have a different audience than the ".LRN community weblog" (which is why we need two - unless someone wants to hack together per-category feeds 😉 )

Constructive input on what kind of stuff we should be talking about in that weblog (or draft posts) are welcome.

We also have the /dotlrn part of the site we have to carefully think about (I want to avoid spreading the community out in subgroups).

Right now the focus is to make sure the site hums, starting "the big marketing push", and get the consortium info together and posted so we can get feedback before the Heidelberg meeting.

It is really cool to start see thing roll (we have all been pushing for a long time)!