Forum OpenACS Q&A: help / Tip of the day / FAQ package

Collapse
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
I have written a very alpha help package that can be plugged into the login page for instance. The package will consist of a large faq database.

While a random question is selected from database each time the login page is requested users can follow the "more" link to access the faq list itself. As you will notice each question belongs to a category "User management", "Filesystem" and is therefore grouped by that. I will replace that with package pretty names later. The help package will only display questions of installed packages in future. Links (shortcuts) are turned off as long as the user is not logged in.

I want to define two different types of questions. Those for users and those for group admins. A third type for system admins is also possible.

Now my question regarding i18n is this: Should we use the cr to internationalize the questions or should we use the acs-lang package to take care of that. In both cases we could create a help package that can be used to generate tip of the days or faq lists for each user type and package.

The acs-lang version has the benefit that we would have all questions right in xml. I still need a clever way figure out the package of a question.

As you will see the questions are not localized yet.

You can see an alpha version of the package via http://dotlrn.uni-mannheim.de (left portlet).

Greetings,
Nima