Forum OpenACS Development: Response to Here's a list of OpenACS 4x volunteers

Collapse
Posted by Pascal Scheffers on
In another soft-space, Jon offered access to a machine with Oracle for development purposes.

I can do something similar, I will run a server for testing purposes, both on- and offline. The online one will be at vesta.scheffers.net (nothing there yet, not even PG 7.1 is running!). I'll be testing as much as I can handle or as much as people throw at me, which ever is smaller. After an offline success will, I'll try to repeat that on vesta, so that will sort of become (one of) the online showcase(s).
If someone can think of a good s/he needs shell access to that machine, drop me a line (and, like Jon, I'm not gonna play the ISP).

This is going to work best for me if you indicate which parts need testing, and which parts need work on the documentation. 'Though I will probably figure out most of that on my own.
I will try to refrain from dumping the data from the database on vesta, but as long as the core datamodel is volatile, I will not put much effort in making a backup of the data. The same goes for a modules' (data)model, as long as that keeps changing...