to get this up at work and would like the latest bug fixes. If the
release is imminent I can wait a couple of days, or should I just
grab the latest from CVS at Sourceforge? Thanks for making this
If you need it now, I'd say go ahead and start using the CVS version
since it probably won't be much different (if at all) from the release
I've been testing the (NEW!) photodb module and it is quite nice.
http://www.brasileiro.net/gallery for a working example. It's great!
Good job Vinod!
The photodb module *does* look nice!
- Ben told me there are some issues on new-ticket due to code that was added.
- I sent Dan a patch that fixes 7.1 issues (he's more familiar with that module). I don't think that has been applied yet (he was working one item of the patch with its author - Chris Hardy)
When Ben and Dan give us their ok on those parts, then we can freeze.
Are we waiting for PG 7.1 to be released first?
We had a problem with the intranet patch that stopped us from being able to commit after it was reviewed. So I had to get the patch again (from Chris Hardy) but haven't had time to look into it or commit it. new-file-storage just needs to have its library file added to the tcl/ directory to go out (still as Beta).
We're shooting for a release closer to this friday. I haven't received any bug or release-stopper reports from anyone, so I think this date is pretty safe.
On this point, this is not a C/C++/Java program where one bug can break the entire thing. Don't be afraid of grabbing the CVS version, especially for the 3.2.x tree, for it can only get better. If you want the release to come out faster, help us test it and report it here (and at the SDM), volunteer to apply and test a patch, volunteer to test the upgrade script, etc.