Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Request for advice from the OCT

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
I haven't checked out Evaluation yet. Is it a backend to Assessment/Survey? Will Assessment/Survey have a dependency (in the .info file) on Evaluation?

If I have my way, no :). I'd like to support callbacks to do the actual "push", if needed at all, but rely on a "pull" mechanism otherwise. To be honest, I think the score should be made available on request, but I did not look into the exact integration with evaluation.

To avoid confusion, a "score" is a percentage value describing the relativeness of success in an assessment. A grade is what the evaluation system makes out of it. Internally the assessment system does allow negative percentage values to reflect the punishment for really answering stupidly/dangerously (e.g. in medical exams). For packages calling the assessment system with "as_score -user_id -assessment_id or -item_id or -section_id" the result will be calculated to be between 0 and 100 (percent), therefore helping your SS engine. We could add a switch "-normalized" so the value would be between 0 and 1 :).