Forum OpenACS Q&A: Experiences on OS X?

Collapse
Posted by Michael Feldstein on
Who here has tried OpenACS on OS X? I'd love to hear experiences--good,
bad, and ugly.
Collapse
Posted by Mat Kovach on
I have tried it yet, but I'm going to assume that it would have the same problem with exec that FreeBSD has.  That might be a bit of a problem just there.

It does appear that the AOLserver group is beginning to address the issue of [ exec /bin/ls ] on FreeBSD.

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Ben ran into a gcc compiler bug when trying to compile the PG driver for OpenNSD.  He had to compile without PIC (position-independent code) and link OpenNSD correspondingly.

I think he may've set this aside because he's been working on an x86 machine recently...

Collapse
Posted by Connie Hentosh on
At the bottom of this thread I posted a patch for the exec issue. Tested on OpenBSD.

https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=18918

I don't have a FreeBSD box to test it on... but I think it should work. I am unfamilar with OS X

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Oh, boy, go Connie!  I guess we linux-centric folks just don't pay enough attention.

Are you willing to communicate this to the opennsd.org world as well?  Hopefully between both universes confirmation about the applicability  of this patch will be forthcoming.

Probably wouldn't hurt to e-mail Rob Mayoff directly to get his input about any probable breakage on other platforms...