Forum OpenACS Q&A: Cybercash with openacs-apache

Collapse
Posted by Matthew Soldo on
I've been developing an ecommerce site, www.hortnet.com, with
ACS-classic for a while now. I'm working on a new project and I'd like
to use OpenACS for it.

My question is this: Does the cybercash funtionality of the Ecommerce
module work on openacs when it is used with Apache/Mod-Aolserver? Is
is just a matter of getting a cybercash plugin for Apache?

Thanks!

Collapse
Posted by Rob Wright on
I'm not sure about using mod_aolserver and Cybercash, but the ecommerce module in CVS as of 4/26 still has some bugs, although nothing major.  I'm working through corrections now.  I haven't looked at CVS since Roberto's release yesterday to see if any of the bugs I've found were fixed between 4/26 and 4/30.
Collapse
Posted by Roberto Mello on
Hi Rob,

It's great that you're working on the fixes. Please send me the patch when you are done.

However, I don't see any bugs reported by you on the ecommerce module on the SDM, hence, they didn't get fixed. There was one patch to ecommerce, that fixes custom fields, that didn't make it into 3.2.5 but will be in 3.2.6.

Collapse
Posted by Rob Wright on
Roberto,

Sorry about the bugs in the SDM; wasn't aware of the procedure.  My addition is bug #961, and I also observed #954.  I'll send you my fixes when I'm finished testing.

Collapse
Posted by Roberto Mello on
Do you _have_ to change the paths in all those files (in bug 961)? Are
they failing
currently? Or is that just a correction so they do "the right thing"?
Collapse
Posted by Rob Wright on
If EcommercePath in servername.tcl is something other than /ecommerce/, then some of the functionality in those files will fail.  Depending on the action, an error may or may not be generated.  For example, on line 43 (set register_url "/register.tcl?return_url=[ns_urlencode /ecommerce]"), if the user is not registered and EcommercePath is "/store/", the return URL is incorrect.  I've made the changes and can send them to you, but I haven't finished testing.
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Ugh, Rob, that's ugly.  One more inheritance from aD, I'm afraid, that  no one here bothered to track down.  I've never tried ecommerce installed in a novel directory, but clearly if you're allowed to parameterize its home, it should work.  Grrrr....

Fortunately for 4.x we have more experience with aD code and a larger volunteer hacker base than we ever did for 3.x.  This is a lesson all 4.x volunteers should learn - let's be sure we test as many combinations of package parameters as we possibly can.