Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: New mini-package: auth-hash

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Sounds very familiar. It is the same technique we used some time back with AIESEC when we had to intergrate various systems, so it is not only useful in the scenario described by Cathy, but in general. It would be great if you could make this generally available for people to test, so we could add this to OpenACS authentication as an additional login method (and market this feature heavily with reluctant IT departments). For obvious reasons we need to put this in 5.2 and TIP it before.
Collapse
Posted by Cathy Sarisky on
I agree that a fuller implementation/integration requires a TIP.  The present implementation is just a no-datamodel single tcl file (plus an error page).

[Aside: it should be relatively oACS version agnostic, as long as auth::create_user and ad_user_login are around, but I've only tested with my hybrid dotLRN 2.0.3 / oACS 5.1 install.]

There's currently no tracking that the user is logging in via hash, and the system sends out welcome messages and redirects for login assuming the user is logging in locally.  I need to muck around with the existing auth system and figure out how to get better integration...