Forum OpenACS Q&A: OpenACS Problem Sets

Collapse
Posted by Nick Carroll on
Hi,

I'm working on some problem sets for a course at the University of Sydney (http://www.weg.ee.usyd.edu.au/courses/ebus5002).

The first problem set that I've written requires the creation of a new edit-this-page template.  The goal of this problem set is to learn a bit about the openacs templating system.

Please check out the problem set at http://www.weg.ee.usyd.edu.au/courses/ebus5002/labs/lab4

There will be a few more as the course progresses.  If they are worth adding to the OpenACS Problem Sets section, then I can convert them to docbook and submit to OpenACS.

Cheers,
Nick.

Collapse
2: Re: OpenACS Problem Sets (response to 1)
Another problem set I have in mind is converting the notes package to a dotlrn portlet.

Can anybody else suggest other types of problem sets that I could investigate?

Cheers,
Nick.

Collapse
3: Re: OpenACS Problem Sets (response to 1)
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
This is great. The whole course would be of great value. Is it possible to make the lecture notes and slides as well all the sessions scripts available?
Collapse
4: Re: OpenACS Problem Sets (response to 3)
The course materials are usually made available to the general public.  We are trying to improve the material as the course progresses, so we are only releasing material at the end of each week.
Collapse
5: Re: OpenACS Problem Sets (response to 1)
Very good idea. Many packages would have made their way to dotLRN with a PS like that.

What about a package that introduces OACS object model. From an UML Diagram to a relational model to OACS model.

Collapse
6: Re: OpenACS Problem Sets (response to 5)
I believe we have a couple of Rafael's thesis students already working on the UML diagram application.  They are using ArgoUML to generate the Oacs object model with SQL statements.
Collapse
7: Re: OpenACS Problem Sets (response to 1)
Posted by Jade Rubick on
Nick, updated problem sets are a great addition to the docs. If you convert them to docbook, we'll put them in the documentation.
Collapse
8: Re: OpenACS Problem Sets (response to 1)
Nick, do you have material on how to integrate a package with dotlrn? we were trying to do that for a while but it's not working. So any help is more than welcome.
Collapse
9: Re: OpenACS Problem Sets (response to 8)
Hi Nima,

I don't have any material just yet.  But I will be working on a problem set for integrating Notes into dotLRN as a portlet.  I will see how this works out.

I've also submitted the docbook problem set to Jade.  I believe he will be adding it to the OpenACS documentation.

Cheers,
Nick.