Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to SDM Changes

Collapse
6: Response to SDM Changes (response to 1)
Posted by Roberto Mello on
Continuing on SDM changes discussion, I'd like to discuss some problems I've seen and propose solutions (I am putting this on a table, so the e-mail format will probably look crappy. My apologies). Note that these are my opinions only, so please speak up:

Problem Proposed Solution
Projects are not owned by a team. This (among other problems) causes private projects to be private to everybody, including those that should be working on it. Add an extra table to map projects to teams.
Current permissions code does not honor roles Fix permissions code to honor roles.
Assigning issues to people takes too long. You have to enter name/e-mail, click, wait, click Upon issue closing, present a drop down box with names of those in the team AND the box for searching for others.
Closing issues one-by-one takes too long and is boring. Add text box where you can enter baf numbers separated by spaces, to be bulk-closed.
Comments on issues are hard to visualize if code is being posted Add HTML option for comments
There's no esay way to see which issues have no patches attached to them. Add a link that will show issues without patches (suggested by someone else)

That's all I can think of now. Hopefully we can get this done soon, as I see it as something important for OpenACS (both 3.x and 4.x)