Forum OpenACS Development: Response to Porting dynamic queries

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Dan put up a page in the good 'ole wimpy-point porting presentation a few days ago.

Check with his page and see if he missed anything, and be certain that  he and/or I will be willing to incorporate improvements.

Ben and I are crunched on client-oriented work at the moment and can't  put together the project home page we'd intended to finish by now (we've also been putting time into the porting effort, of course).

For now ... remember to check the various documents in new-file-storage and the wimpy point presentation frequently.  Particularly if you run across something confusing.

All the answers aren't there, just some of them, and they change rapidly.  I suggested the "partialquery" approach about a week ago but  got swamped by client work, so several days ago asked Dan if he'd implement it, which he did by Friday, followed shortly thereafter with  documentation.

Sparse documentation ..

My only critique of your effort (maybe copied from Dan's, I've not checked) is that our goal is to get rid of queries in the .tcl files entirely.  So you could stuff the entire date comparison in the queryfile and pass a simple blank into the list element.  Eventually we'll make those disappear as well, I hope.