Forum OpenACS Development: Re: 0.1d of a reminder package

Collapse
Posted by Randy Kunkee on
The initial idea was that if somebody wanted multiple reminders, the requesting package would perform multiple reminder__new calls.  However, I think it would be nice to have that feature.  (This could get complicated - there are multiple reminders about a single event and reminders associated with a recurring event.)  Other ideas I have are:

- handle destination party ids that are groups of people and email everyone in the group.
- handle bounces and notify somebody if the email didn't make it.
- require positive feedback from the receiver and notify the caller if a confirmation isn't received within a certain period of time (perhaps leave it to the caller to handle the second part).
- add a sequence (perhaps reminder_id) that can be stored by the caller and used to update or delete the reminder (probably should do this one soon).
- maybe allow arbitrary actions other than email.  Perhaps this is going too far, i.e. at that point its like creating an 'at' command.
- provide some sort of message template to free packages of having to construct a message (not sure if this would really be useful).