Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: LRN Application Status Discussion - File Storage

Collapse
Posted by Dirk Gomez on
From the UI perspective I would agree that it is a major bug.

Technically it is a rather minor issue - something like two mandays. All you need to do is to add the "j" option to the unzip comment (which was there at some point, but then commented out) and then declare all the files in file-storage.

I had some code that was halfway finished but threw it away. Somebody else may have solved this problem though. Anybody out there?

Collapse
Posted by Ernie Ghiglione on
<blockquote> I had some code that was halfway finished but threw it away. Somebody else may
have solved this problem though. Anybody out there?
</blockquote>

Yeah, I'll do it. I've done a function in LORS that basically given a directory it adds all the directories and files recursively into the CR.

Show I add this to file-storage on HEAD?

Ernie

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
<blockquote> Yeah, I'll do it. I've done a function in LORS that basically given a directory it adds all the directories and files recursively into the CR.
Show I add this to file-storage on HEAD?
</blockquote>

As this is a bug (not working recursive directories in file uploads) please fix it in 5-1 as well.

Furthermore we need to make sure that File-Storage and WebDAV work exactly like Windows Explorer to avoid user confusion. This means if you add a file in webdav that depends on other files in a subfolder (e.g. a large word document, HTML pages) it should work regardless if you add the file cum directories via WebDAV or File-Storage and the view should work as well. This includes Bug #2157 (https://openacs.org/bugtracker/openacs/bug?bug%5fnumber=2157) which seems to me to be a leftover from the name/title misconceptions and changes that happened within FS.