Forum .LRN Q&A: Installing from cvs head branch

Collapse
Posted by Randy Kunkee on
I just tried to install OpenACS + .LRN. I checked out acs-core and merged it with a checkout of dotlrn-all, moved the install.xml file, edited config.tcl, started the server, and ran through the installation script.

It did not appear to end correctly.  After installing OpenACS and bunch of .LRN stuff, it just ends with

Installed dotLRN Syllabus, version 2.0.3

Package enabled.

That's the end of the document on the web page.  I tried restarting the server, but it just goes back to the installation page as though I have to start from scratch.

I know this is the bleeding edge, but I would like to get this installed.  Any ideas about what to do?

Ah, here's the problem during the install (from error.log):

[03/Dec/2004:17:04:36][29538.1091308352][-conn:oacs52::1] Error: Error sourcing /server/oacs52/packages/acs-bootstrap-installer/installer/install.tcl:
can't read "parent_url": no such variable
    while executing
"string eq $parent_url """
    (procedure "::install::xml::action::mount" line 29)
    invoked from within
"::install::xml::action::mount domNode0x8e1e548"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval [list ::install::xml::${type}::${name} $node]"
    (procedure "apm_invoke_install_proc" line 10)
    invoked from within
"apm_invoke_install_proc -node $action"
    (procedure "apm::process_install_xml" line 23)
    invoked from within
"apm::process_install_xml "/install.xml" {}"
    (procedure "install_do_packages_install" line 54)
    invoked from within
"install_do_packages_install"
    (file "/server/oacs52/packages/acs-bootstrap-installer/installer/install.tcl " line 52)
    invoked from within
"source $__file "

Could this mean that I'm missing some package that dotlrn depends on?

Collapse
Posted by Randy Kunkee on
I was able to install by removing the install.xml file, then performing a normal install, followed by the installation of various dotLRN packages. In fact, all of the dotLRN packages install correctly except for the dotLRN Administration package, which does not install because it wants dotLRN 2.1.0a and the version from the head branch is 2.0.3. What's the fix/workaround for this?