I understand that OpenACS 4.0 uses ns_xml to parse XML files. Since this version has few major bugfixes (including one that can change the behaviour), I enourage everyone using it to upgrade and re-check their scripts.
Version 1.2 has been release on 07/04/2001 and contains some major bug fixes, so everyone is encouraged to upgrade. Changes since previous release:
- XSLT support has been added in the form of
ns_xml apply_xslt $xslt_doc_id $xml_doc_idand
ns_xml parse_xslt ?-persist?command. You need to install libxslt for it to work.
- looks like ns_xml has not been updated to libxml2 which would
ns_xml doc rootnot returning a root but a node below the root. Most visibly, if there was a <!DOCTYPE ..> inside XML doc, you would only get a couple of nodes and not the whole doc. Fixed. May change behaviour of scripts using it.
ns_xml parse -persistentwas broken (would crash) because a hash table for persistent docs has not been initialized. Fixed by initializing hash table.
ns_xml statswas broken,
free()was used to free the memory allocated by
ckalloc(). Fixed by calling
- many commands didn't check for the number of arguments so they would crash if called incorrectly. Fixed by adding checks for a proper number of arguments.
- fixed Windows compilation issues.
- regression tests were written for the OpenNSD test framework. Tests cover all the issues above and then some.