Forum OpenACS Q&A: OpenACS lite and Mozilla problem

Collapse
Posted by Jamie Ross on
hi all

First.. I am having a problem with Mozilla on Linux trying to download or run .tcl pages.. This doesnt happen on Mac OSX or WIndows versions of Mozilla, just Linux. Has anyone else run into this and/or have a solution/suggestion?

Secondly.. as I am writing a network test system I didnt need all the community framework, just the basics, database api, page contract etc. I have a subset of modded tcl files you can put in a your local tcl directory if you want a fast lean version with the nice database api etc... I have cleaned it all up but it seems to work

Collapse
Posted by Nagita Karunaratne on
Hello Jamie,

What's a network test system?

Collapse
Posted by Jamie Ross on
we are testing a e-services type system which currently relies heavily on publish/subscribe ala JMS (but not). I use threading in AOLserver with forms to initiate messages and then subscribe/check various databases etc...

So nothing complicated but working toward fully automated self documenting test procedures

just this mime issue is annoying as it doesnt always happen, just on Linux (where the servers are). I suspect something about not sending headers back but the tcl pages are just transaction pages then pass off to a adp page for output

Collapse
Posted by Mark Aufflick on
I would suggest you join the AOLServer email list - it's very helpful:

http://aolserver.com/lists.php

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
It seems like AOLserver is not executing the tcl scripts. AOLserver should never be sending the content of the tcl script to the browser. It is very strange that it only happens occaisionally.

I suspect it is not a mime type issue, since the tcl should never be sent to the client under any mime type. It is more likely that the problem is in your modified OpenACS.

BTW, it would be very interesting to see what parts of OpenACS you are using.