Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Project Manager: Subsite Aware ?

Collapse
Posted by Richard Hamilton on
Malte,

I am planning to do some work in the coming weeks to address a similar requirement. What I plan to do though is this:

1) Modify the code to support permissions control at project and task level.

2) Progress the user interface to support sub-projects and 'aggregate tasks'.

The end result would be that groups/parties could be used to conveniently control who can see what. A master Project Manager instance on the Main Subsite could share projects with a subsite mounted instance of PM (and vice versa) based on permissions and group membership.

I also think Dave's suggestion is a good one - I think that it should be an option when mounting an instance of PM whether or not you want its projects to be completely insulated from other instances (content folders used where the answer is yes) or able to share between instances.

Regards
Richard

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Richard, what you plan to do is great. Let me know when you got started and I will help with testing. And yes, in an ideal world I would like to have on "master" instance where I can decide whether to insulate each project or not. But I'm not sure how this will behave with logger (though logger has the option to aggregate each logger instance into a master logger if I'm not utterly mistaken).

Either way, let me know how it goes, looking forward to it.