Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Sysadmin meeting at Valencia

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
The last Unix NaviServer release has been 2.5 years ago, however I do see that there's been more recent action on the Windows front. So they're apparently active.

I don't worry too much about the lack of a recent unix release if it's rock-solid. If it works, don't break it, no problem. However I don't know of anyone using it for production OpenACS 4.x sites.

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
The last released version of naviserver works with OpenACS (or at least, worked, the last time i have tried it). See here for the changes https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=353949

The current version of OpenACS does not work due to various reasons, but it is an effort of - i think - less than one week to get it running. Neophytos is running phigita.net on a snapshot of naviserver, but he is not really using OpenACS, but a strongly modified clone. Naviserver is well maintained but a moving target. I said a year ago or so that i will try get OpenACS running on Naviserver, once there is a new release as a reference point.

I do not see a big problem with the current situation of Aolserver. If a real problem shows up, or maintenance becomes a problem, we will move our apps to naviserver.

Going to apache is a long way, and i am not sure about the advantages, esp. when c-code modules from aolserver are involved.

Collapse
Posted by Steffen Tiedemann Christensen on
When would a sysadmin meeting be? Nov 18th, 19th or 20th?

i am not sure about the advantages, esp. when c-code modules from aolserver are involved
It just seems to eliminate a lot of other moving parts; and it would make it easier for OpenACS to fit in a standard LAMP box, since aolserver seems to be the hardest thing to keep running...
Collapse
Posted by Héctor Romojaro on
Hi all,

19th afternoon seems to be free, after the .LRN consortium presentation ( http://aulavirtual.uv.es/ficheros/view/agendax18x19.htm ).

We can have the meeting then, and go dinner after that 😉