We switched to a new server a month ago. Specs:
- RH Linux 7.0
- Postgresql 7.1.2
I have an admin email browser interface that allows superusers to send messages to over 11,000 users by looping thru the database and calling ns_sendmail each time.
A few users have reported that our nice text message formatting is scrambled. This was never reported with our older system. It appears as if the CR/LF is Stripped from the messages so that messages like mine would be like the above run together:
...each time. PROBLEM A few users have reported ...
I never see this in my copies of messages.
Users copy the messages to me but I have yet to get the full message with headers to see exactly what they get. I'd look for a missing CR/LF or maybe somehow high bit characters being sent or or.... I've sent myself messages with high bit characters and they come thru fine... Here is some of the header.
Delivered-To: email@example.com Received: from AOLserver... X-UIDL: BZ`"!FG`!!M7M"!E0X"! ===================== Bob OConnor's Note
I am looking for suggestions as to why and how to fix it.