have been looking into documentation on how to use, modify, and
customize my new web. I have not been able to locate a good tutorial
on mainly customizing the look & feel of my web site. The start up
page (the welcome: Congratulations) does give some hints, but several
questions has arosen:
1) What is the correct way to include a background picture?
From the code I figured that it should be placed in /graphics/bg.gif
and that the variable prefer_text_only_p should be defined and set
false. That's was OK. Also the parameter GraphicsSiteAvailableP should
be set true. I couldn't find this anywhere so I tried to include it in
the <site name>.tcl file, but nothing happened. I ended up simply
editing the default-master.tcl file, which probably is totally wrong.
2) Where can I get an overview of the concepts of Groups, Permissions,
Relations, Relation Types, etc.?
3) I want to have the original welcome pages availble to me (the
administrator), but customize the home page (welcome). Where should I
move it and how do I re-link it to my own workspace?
4) If I need to make changes to the design, do I edit the .adp files
all over the place? And if I do, how about updates?
5) Someone in my organization has been using FP (M$ FrontPage)
designing several web pages (a rather complex system). How can I
'include' or convert these to OpenACS and still accomodate updates
6) I have some old cgi files. How do I use those with OpenACS? How do
I reference them?