Forum OpenACS Development: Xowiki and xinha on HEAD

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Looks like xowiki is not working with xinha on HEAD. It's not loading the javascript files in the head of the document.

Should this be working?

Thanks
Dave

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Nevermind. I was too tierd. UseHTMLAreaForRichtextP parameter defaults to "0" for accessibility.

That probably confuses everyone who tries OpenACS.

Collapse
Posted by Torben Brosten on
Maybe a link to a page of what-next hints (in openacs.org/xowiki) should be added to the welcome message in packages/acs-bootstrap-installer/installer/index.tcl ?
Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
This sounds like a good idea. Although, it would not have helped experienced people like Dave (i had a similar "surprise" half a year ago, where "xinha did not work", endig up with searching a while around the changes in the new master templates). A link to a wiki page alone helps, but is not perfect either, since different releases might have different "what's next" steps". This argues for files/pages in the distro, or to some release oriented naming on a wiki (e.g. /5.4/wiki/first-steps), or similar.
Collapse
Posted by Torben Brosten on
True. Maybe the compromise is a link to one wiki page which then links to release specific notes etc. Maybe the FAQs in xowiki: https://openacs.org/xowiki/F%2e_A%2e_Q%2e ?
Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
As a side note: For the naming, i would suggest to minimize punctuations in page names (.e.g "FAQ" instead of "F. A. Q."). Url-encodings makes punctuations etc. ugly.

Concerning FAQs in general. If there is interest, i could xowiki-faq on openacs.org (either as an extra instance to or within the current /xowiki instance). The faq can be collected in wiki-style, with easy user-contribution. The xowiki-FAQ consists of a simple xowiki-form (the template) and form pages (the question/answer pairs). See for example,http://alice.wu-wien.ac.at:8000/xowiki-faq/ . The rendering can be easily changed by changing the xowiki-form.