Forum .LRN Q&A: By default - should we require approval for .LRN membership?

I set up a new installation today and the default setup is that approval is required for all new users.

Putting ourselves in the shoes of a total newbie and their experience, is this what we want.... If they are just trying to test it out or get something simple going, they have to figure out how to find the admin pages and approve people, etc. Objections to me changing this so that users are autoapproved?

On that subject, the first page people see when they restart their server is the form where they have to select all the parameters for the .LRN user (for example, if htey are a guest or limited user). Should we also just simplify that and assume that the first site-wide administrator has access to everything. (not a guest, full access user). Then they can log in for the first time and see My space!

Agree with both!
Para conocer el funcionamiento de la DotLrn
Tracy
I agree that it would be better to have it autoapproved.
Maybe request email verification ...

Rafael

The policy for official releases should be: "the fastest / easiest way to get started with .LRN, the better", although we inform that is possible to configure the system to follow a set of rules.