Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to PostgreSQL from scratch

Collapse
Posted by Torben Brosten on
[For the record, I'm installing OpenACS 4.x]

Well, this is getting interesting. There are two plpgsql.so files.

1.An "old" file from a general SuSE package install. The path is /usr/lib/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so. I just discovered this one. I had renamed it instead of removing it when originally attempting a fresh re-install.

The other plpgsql.so is a "new" file from an OACS install. The path is /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so

Apparently the new postgresql install is using the old plpgsql.so instead of the new plpgsql.so --I assume the files perform the same function.

So, I mv'd the "old" plpgsql.so and associated file set back to /usr/lib/pgsql and tried (again, in the same postgres login session as the last attempt):

postgres@huey:~ > createlang plpgsql template1

results:

ERROR:  Load of file /usr/lib/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so failed: /usr/lib/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so: undefined symbol: CurrentTriggerData
createlang: language installation failed

Should I:

1. re-install the SuSE postgres package (and try again --assuming I erased some other critical package info),

2. search for an OACS configuration parameter that's referring to the old plpgsql.so,

3. do something completely different? I see a couple of older threads involving plpgsql.so and earlier OACS versions, but I'm not sure of the extent the info is relevant to this current OACS version, or if it is consistent with this situation.