Forum OpenACS Q&A: Spring 2005 OCT Elections: Procedure and Call for Nominations

The OCT (OpenACS Core Team) terms of Caroline Meeks, Joel Aufrecht, Malte Sussdorff and Rocael Hernández are expiring. This means that 4 seats on OCT are up for election. There are 9 total seats, roughly half of which are up for election every six months. For more detail please see the OpenACS governance page and also TIP #22. Those elected will serve one year terms.

Voters and Nominations

The 5 OCT members elected Nov 3 2004, CVS committers and anyone who has posted at least twice to the forums in 90 days to 25 April may vote. With the exception of the 5 OCT members whose terms are not expiring, these same persons are eligible be candidates for OCT, and may nominate others for this election.

Current OCT members (Caroline, Joel, Malte and Rocael) are automatically nominated. (Please post here if you decline the nomination.) For others, two nominations are required to be on the ballot. Nomination takes place by posting on this thread.

Timetable

(All times are Midnight UTC on the day mentioned.)

Now: Nominations open.
Fri 13 May 2005: Nominations close. Preliminary ballot is published.
Sun 15 May 2005: Ballot is frozen at 23:00 UTC (those who have declined nomination are deleted). Voting begins at Midnight UTC.
Fri 27 June May 2005: Voting ends.

Procedure

Voting will take place on the openacs.org site, at a URL to be announced in this thread and in its own thread on the OpenACS Q&A forum. Please request notification on this thread using the link at the top of the page.

Let the nominations begin!

I assume 27th of June actually means 27th of May ?
I assume 27th of June actually means 27th of May ?

Yes that's right. Thanks Malte. Mistake corrected.

Hi Andrew,
the recent posters link doesn't show anything for me - is that the correct link? It says File Not Found and Add a Comment.

thanks,
Brian

Ah, thanks Brian, you're right. I'll try to get that fixed today. In the meantime, if you want to nominate someone, find their name at the bottom of a forum post, click it, and check the dates of their posts to see if they qualify. Thanks.
I'd like to nominate Frank Bergmann.
I second Frank Bergmann.
I nominate Malte, based on topping the number of postings made in the last 90 days. An impressive contribution to the forums.
I nominate australia: Nick Carroll, Ernie Ghiglione
I second Malte ...
I second the australians
The OpenACS OCT election widget is installed at https://openacs.org/oct-election. It has received only cursory testing and a code inspection before the election begins tomorrow night would probably be a very good thing. It only allows people who have posted in the specified time to vote, so if you are a valid voter due to OCT membership or committer rights but haven't posted lately, please let me know and I'll hack the system for you.
I nominate Dirk Gomez.