Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to something like vacuum analyze or compact database for Oracle?

But at this point, I'm getting confused as to what, if any issue, there is with what I said? Sebastiano's tone is one of correction, but the statement "So it's normal that the cursor retrieves the rows from the table even if they've been deleted immediately after the open statement," doesn't apply to all databases universally.
Daryl,
it's possible that I, English being not my native language, injected into my words a tone and a meaning that I didn't really want to convey. From reading your previous post, I got the impression that you were surprised by Oracle's behavior, and I wanted to explain that in Oracle what you saw was normal. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

You are perfectly right,of course, in saying that not all databases behave this way; I use Oracle every day, so I'm familiar with it, and have used InterBase in the past, but apart from these two I don't have experiences with other DBMS. And, come to think of it, I don't really have a clue about how InterBase behaves in this kind of situation, either.