Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Announce: Large File Upload Module Released!

Collapse
Posted by Kevin Rogers on
One more quick question Carl-

My server fails to laod the module, so I figured I needed to recompile it. Here's the error from my aol-error.log:

[28/Mar/2002:15:02:56][16225.1][-main-] Notice: modload: loading '/usr/local/aol32/bin/civupload.so'
[28/Mar/2002:15:02:56][16225.1][-main-] Warning: modload: failed to load '/usr/local/aol32/bin/civupload.so': 'ld.so.1: /usr/local/aol32/bin/nsd: elf error: /usr/local/aol32/bin/civupload.so: bad ELF type: 0x300'
[28/Mar/2002:15:02:56][16225.1][-main-] Fatal: modload: failed to load module '/usr/local/aol32/bin/civupload.so'

I changed the path in the civupload Makefile (NSHOME) to my correct path (/usr/local/aol32) and ran make.

I'm compiling/running on Sparc Solaris. I continually get the same error with my aolserver Makefile.global file:

make: Fatal error in reader: /usr/local/aol32/include/Makefile.global, line 69: Unexpected end of line seen

The thing is, it does not seem to be dependent on the line that is in the file (trailing spaces/non standard returns were the first thing i looked for). The make is failing on the last line of this snip from Makefile.global:

#
# HP/UX 11 -- gcc
#
# SMP is fully supported.
#
ifeq (HP-UXB.11.00, $(shell uname -s)$(shell uname -r))
    PLATFORM=hp11

However, it seems to fail on whatever line is following the first call to ifeq, as above. I even tried deleting all of the sections from Makefile.global which were checking for OS' other than Solaris, and still, the same error after the first call to ifeq

Is your Makefile dependent on any particular version of make (gmake, etc)?

Thanks!